Friday, February 26, 2016

♥ Impish Lee Lingerie Review ♥

 photo egefw.jpg
Earlier this year I was sent some custom made loungewear & lingerie from independent New York based designer Impish Lee, run by sisters Kali & Noelle. I was invited to create my own designs on their customizer, picking out which base design I wanted, then choosing which fabrics I wanted and finishing details. This type of customisation is new to me, especially for lingerie. I chose pieces made with white velvet, pink mesh & pink lace.
♥ ♥ ♥
 I opted for their tap short, high waisted panty, and flutter top, since I was sized out of their bras, unfortunately. I would have loved to try one, but I wear a 40J, and the biggest size on the site is a UK 40GG. Shame! Impish Lee go up to a size 24 US, although based on measurements on their site, this is actually equivalent to somewhere between a size 22-24 UK. Since my hips run a bit wider than this, the shorts don't fit me *well*, obviously everything has lots of stretch, but it's still a bit small for me. The top & the panties fit me nicely though.
 photo fsfte.jpg  photo fhdfh.jpg  photo gwegfw.jpg
The top retails for $78, the shorts are $68 and the panties are also $78, which in the UK ranges from £49 - £56. This is a luxury product though, and handmade in New York, not at a factory in China as so many clothes are made nowadays. I do like to support independent designers, because as one myself I understand the struggles of people thinking your product is overpriced when in fact costs have been carefully worked out and you are only paying yourself a fair wage.  
 photo gsew.jpg  photo fawdwq.jpg
 photo regtewt.jpg  photo regewt.jpg
One thing I would really like to see though, aside from the size range being extended, is a small detail, custom labels inside the garments! This is a weird request, I know, since labels are often annoying to most, but I like to see some sort of branding, especially in independently designed things, as sometimes I forget where exactly I got something, and if I want to recommend something it's hard when I have no idea where it's from! 
 ♥ ♥ ♥
Have a play around on their customizer, since it's really fun, and if you decide to place an order, use the code Cupcakes10 to get 10% off!
 
♥ Georgina ♥
 
P.S. I was really nervous to include the wearing shots, since I've never done that before on my blog, so please be nice :P

20 comments:

  1. the bottoms look so cute on you! i haven't seen many stores offering custom lingerie save for on etsy, i'm v v tempted to place an order as those bras look stunning xo
    natasha // eyebrows, inc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg you look so cute in this underwear! I wish I had enough money to order something from their shop because it looks so adorable QAQ

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look lovely. Beautiful colour. Thanks for being brave enough to show us and give your insight as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lingerie looks incredibly well made.
    Also, you look absolutely beautiful.
    The way you took these photos is so dream like as well.
    The idea of custom made lingerie is really awesome.
    I'm glad you tried this out and shared with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are just as gorgeous in your lovely lingerie as you are in every other photo shoot you do. Thanks so much for daring to share these shots with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I'm a Uk Bra 44J so like you I'd love to see some custom bigger sized bras...

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are gorgeous! <3
    the pictures are so so beautiful too *.*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Georgina... you look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look beautiful! The shoot is very well done.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Preciosa! Simplemente encantadora! Gracias por compartir con nosotras esa monada de ropa interior.

    Precious! Just lovely! Thanks for sharink with us that cute underware.

    XXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dang gurrl, you look bloody gorgeous!!! Those colours are so you <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. That color looks so nice on you! And I understand the bit about things being more expensive that aren't made in sweatshops. Reminds me of a Portlandia episode.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think its fantastic that you've got shots of you wearing the product. You can never tell how it's going to look when it's just flat. Plus they look beautiful on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Omg all of it is so so so cute! *O*

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your blog and I think you're gourgeus. Loved the shots, you look great on this shade of pink.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so sweet with that cute underwear ! Love your blog <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely love your hair!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for commenting! I read every comment I recieve & if you have a question I do my best to reply. However you might find it quicker to reach me by my Twitter @cupcakesloveme. Have a nice day! :D xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© 2010-2012 Georgina Doull