Monday, September 28, 2015

♥ Too Faced Grand Palais Review ♥

 photo fdsgsdg.jpg
I recently ordered the Too Faced Le Grand Palais holiday palette from Sephora. I've been loving Too Faced recently, I just reviewed this blush, & now all the holiday 2015 items are coming out & I couldn't resist! This is a Sephora exclusive, so I had to order it from the US.
 photo dsgeg.jpg
Firstly, the packaging is again adorable, & part of the reason I ordered. This palette costs $58, which I think was around £39 when I placed my order. Ordering from the UK meant I had to pay about £10 to ship it, & another £10 in fees & taxes, making it pricy to ship. On the positive side, there were no unexpected customs charges, since these are all paid by Sephora before your parcel arrives.
 photo dgsersg.jpg
The set includes a deluxe sized Better Than Sex Mascara, deluxe Melted Lipstick in Peony, a deluxe sixe of their Shadow Insurance & an 18 eyeshadow & 2 blush, 1 highlight & contour palette. The website boasts a value of $378, but I'm not sure how true this is.
 photo dfgversg.jpg
I've wanted to try the Better Than Sex mascara for a while, I couldn't easily get hold of it so I bought Benefit's Roller Lash instead, so it will be interesting to see how it compares, as they are a similar price. The Melted Lipstick I also really wanted to try, I tested it out the other day & & the consistency & colour is nice, kinda similar to one of my favourite Mac lipsticks, Chatterbox, but slightly more pink. The Shadow Insurance I already have a mini of, I got it in my last Too Faced palette (the Pixie Pin Ups one), so I already know that is good.
 photo gawgfw.jpg
The eye shadow palette is removable from the main box, which means if you can bear to throw it away, the size of this is easy to store. I don't think I will be throwing mine away, it's too cute, but I have no idea where I'm going to keep it, as it's kinda impractical in size, and for using on a daily basis.
 photo dfgdergsg.jpg
A lot of the eye shadows in this palette are very sparkly, which I've heard others don't like, but I don't mind. I only have 4 eyeshadow palettes, so these are colours I don't have. You also get 2 blushes, 1 highlighter & a bronzer. I don't really use bronzer (too pale!), so I probably won't use this shade at all, but since it's only one colours I thought the palette was still worth it. I can't wait to try out all the shadows, like I said, I don't have these colours really, so I am looking forward to playing around.
 photo dfgewfsw.jpg
Would you buy this palette? Or do you have your eye on a different holiday item?

10 comments:

  1. I'm in the UK too and have been wanting to buy something from Sephora at the same price point, glad to know it's easy and see the pricing broken down like that. This is such a cute set! I wouldn't throw the box away either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This palette is so nice *^* I won't order it, because I don't do make-up. but it's really nice.
    http://czlowiek-zelazko.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow the palette is lovely, but ouch that was a bit expensive! If only the UK had adorable packaging on their makeup goods... Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SOOOO cuuuuuuuuuuute <3 I would NOT throw that box away under any circumstances ! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute packaging indeed. I bought the full size of Better Than Sex, but found that it tends to melt and run pretty easily. Just a heads up! Did you experience that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. more charming box've never seen! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! Really want this and its great that you've broke down the shipping charges!

    Megan X

    www.lifewithmcm.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love better than sex Mascara :D It works so well, plus the name makes me laugh X3c

    ReplyDelete
  9. This packaging is simply too cute! I probably regret not buying this!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for commenting! I read every comment I recieve & if you have a question I do my best to reply. However you might find it quicker to reach me by my Twitter @cupcakesloveme. Have a nice day! :D xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© 2010-2012 Georgina Doull