Saturday, August 01, 2015

♥ Yorkshire Day ♥

 photo rgetw.jpg
Recently the lovely people at Betty's asked me if I'd like to try one of their hampers to celebrate Yorkshire Day, which is today, August the 1st. Of course I said yes, and the other day I received a large box crammed full of lovely Yorkshire made treats!
 photo trghersgesr.jpg
They sent over a box of macarons, florentines, chocolate ganache bees, tea, fondant fancies, and some "Fat Rascals", which are their own special scones, along with a cute little branded Betty's mug. Everything was delightfully packaged, in cute patterned boxes, illustrated with all sorts of cakes & goodies.
 photo fgesgtewr.jpg  photo rgest.jpg
Carl & I decided to have a little tea party for two, to celebrate him moving in. We made little finger sandwiches, & I arranged everything on pretty plates, & had ourselves a feast. We ended up with plenty left over, as the cakes were very filling.
 
My favourite things were the little bumble bees, they look almost too adorable to eat! The macarons were also a nice treat, as I've only every had one professionally made one before, I've made them in the past, but never having anything to compare them too, wasn't sure if I was making them correctly.
 photo dgzswtwtsw.jpg
Overall it was a lovely treat, and I would definitely recommend ordering a hamper from Betty's for a special occasion, as their cakes have that extra "something". Or, if you are local to Yorkshire, I believe they serve afternoon tea in their tea rooms, so definitely pop in if you are in the area! I know we will be if we ever find ourselves up there.
 
♥ Georgina

17 comments:


  1. OMG! It all looks so delicious ... ^//^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blog! and delicious cakes!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! I love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very beautiful, must be delicious

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had afternoon tea at Betty's York tea room once, they really do serve wonderful things! Their macarons are my favourite, they're completely on a par with Ladurée. How nice that they sent you a hamper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beaautiful, what fun you must have had!! Yay!! Looks delicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations on your new roommate and your lovely feast celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to you and Carl now together in the same home. I know you two will make many beautiful memories together. You look beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks so adorable, much jealousy! x

    kxthryngrace.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow they look so cute and yummy @_@ Never heard of that place before but the sound so nice :]

    ❤ Sann
    www.Piixel.nl

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look like a doll, very kawaii!! Can I have a macaroon?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweets are looking so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything looks so yummy *o*
    The table setting is super cute and perfect!
    Such a lovely way to celebrate <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything is looking so delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG, everything looks so good, can I please, have it all!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for commenting! I read every comment I recieve & if you have a question I do my best to reply. However you might find it quicker to reach me by my Twitter @cupcakesloveme. Have a nice day! :D xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© 2010-2012 Georgina Doull