Thursday, May 08, 2014

♥ Cute Homewares ♥

 photo hdhyr.jpg
I bought this plain wooden dining table & chairs from Argos a while ago, and painted it to make it more me! I took inspiration from some Cath Kidston plates I have, and did a scalloped edge design with rose centre on the table, & then painted all the chairs different pastel shades. This took what seemed like forever, the chairs were actually the hardest part, because they were so fiddly to paint and varnish.
 photo dafsaf.jpg
The lovely people over at Joules recently sent me this duvet cover & matching pillowcases. The design is lovely, and the fabric sooo soft compared to all my other duvet covers. Definitely the most luxury bedding I own, now to get some sheets that match!
 photo gsgsdfg.jpg
Today I made this lampshade, using this kit I bought on Amazon. I used my leftover Spoonflower fabric, and made it in about 30 mins or so. It's not perfect, but not bad for a first attempt. There was lots of leftover tape, so I also added some lace that I had to accent the edges. What do you think?
 photo gtegtewt.jpg
Finally, how cute is my kettle? I keep calling it a teapot, because it looks so much like one. It's ceramic, I'd been putting off buying a kettle for ages because I couldn't find any I liked, but then I spotted this one at Dunelm Mill, & had to get it.
 
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

20 comments:

  1. Such cute photos. Lovely post.

    Jess x

    www.jessicalaar.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. your table and chairs set is so cute, i love the colours you picked ^^
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. you always have the cutest things!! ^_^ love your post~

    follow back and visit my blog: http://czarinabear.blogspot.com/2014/05/p.html ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could have a cute house like yours! Hubby won't let me put flowers anywhere! :( I will live through you instead hahaha!
    ♥ Always a fan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything you make *^*

    ReplyDelete
  6. That kettle is just TOO CUTE! I can't stand it; I must find one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so in love with everything you do, and everything in your house....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh it's all so pretty! Please do more home/homewares posts, your style of decorating is great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute! It's wonderful to put hard work into a home it make it beautiful ♬

    ReplyDelete
  10. all its gorgeous! the table is so cute! perfect for drink tea or anything <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! Those are super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the kettle and the table set, so cute! :)
    charl xo
    www.aplaceonthebookshelf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cool blog ! You're lovely !!!
    http://selenite.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had been waiting to see how the table and chairs turned out for AGES, I spotted the WIP on your tumblr. I love the way it turned out so much I'm totally keeping the idea in mind for if I ever run across some furniture that needs to be painted. And that kettle is crazy cute, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your lampshade!! I recently made one out of paper, ugly as hell but it was out of necessity so that the bare light bulb in my room wouldn't blind me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So much styling - and I love all of it!!! Can you please makeover my apartment???

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have been also decorating my new room and painting old furniture, it's such fun, I love your table a lot, might get some inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it all! Great colour choices! <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love seeing your cute room! The table is so cute, I'd love to see in progress photos of that.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for commenting! I read every comment I recieve & if you have a question I do my best to reply. However you might find it quicker to reach me by my Twitter @cupcakesloveme. Have a nice day! :D xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© 2010-2012 Georgina Doull