Thursday, October 17, 2013

♥ Fujifilm Instax Mini Review ♥

 photo ertet.jpg
TOPSHOP JUMPER // HANDMADE SKIRT // TOPSHOP HEADBAND // FUJIFILM INSTAX MINI

A few of you noticed this cute little camera in the background on my last few posts, so I thought I'd do a quick review on it. I bought it a month or so ago, just for fun. I've wanted an instant camera for literally years (who else wanted one of those polaroid mini sticker cameras when they were a kid?), but never bought one, because I have a dslr & a compact camera & I didn't really *need* an instant one, so it was hard to justify to myself. I ended up losing (or winning, depending on your viewpoint) that battle with myself & ended up buying one anyway!
 photo sefewfe.jpg
I chose the pink version, obviously. It also comes in blue, yellow, white, black & I think brown. I've also seen a Hello Kitty one whilst browsing Google images, not sure if that was a limited edition, or something. I paid £63.75 for mine on Amazon, & £11.26 for 2 packets of film. I don't think the price of the actual camera is too bad,  it's just the film that is rather expensive! For each packet of film, you get 10 shots, so each photo ended up costing around 60p. You can also buy film with patterned borders, like Rilakkuma, Disney Princess, dots, Cath Kidston prints, etc, which was really tempting for the cuteness factor, but was double the price of the normal film, so I didn't bother!
 ♥
As you can see, I've decorated my camera with lots of bunny & food stickers (these were sent to me a few years ago by the lovely Kim of Oborocharms), as if it wasn't cute enough just being pink, haha. What can I say, I just like cute stuff!
 photo hyertew.jpg
The camera is pretty easy to use, just push the button to pop the lens out & it automatically turns on. Loading the film is a breeze, clicking simply into place. The photos themselves are about business card size. It was weird at first to have a camera with only a viewfinder, haha, but as my dslr requires looking through the viewfinder to take pictures too, I got used to it quickly.
 ♥
I've taken 11 photos with it so far, 2 of which came out horribly, because I put it on the wrong light settings, eek! It has  5 light settings, indoors, cloudy, daylight, bright & I think an auto one. I had it on bright when I was indoors, so they came out really dark, oops! The picture quality itself is okay, nothing special, but it's the fun factor that I really love, & the fact you can have the photos in your hand instantly.
 ♥
I've found it tricky to focus close-up though, as the camera has no focusing feature, you just click & hope for the best. Photos from more of a distance seem to come out better, so I shall try not to get too close to the subject in future. The photo size is described as credit/business card size, which is pretty accurate. These are a great size for keeping in your wallet (if you do that!), I've got all mine stored in my dressing table drawer at the minute, trying to think of some way to store or display them nicely.
 photo dgdsgds.jpg
Verdict: fun inexpensive camera (excluding the film-could get really expensive over time!), good for taking snapshots & having as an extra camera. Wouldn't advice one of these as your only camera though, for obvious reasons. What do you think, have you got an instant camera, or have you ever wanted one?
 
 ♥ Georgina

35 comments:

  1. I've got one too, mine's got cute strawberries <3 <3 <3!! (If you wanna see it, I leave you the link to the original post -> http://sahakiel.blogspot.com.es/2013/09/from-dawn-till-dusk.html)

    I must say that if you wanna buy the film in shops, it's expensive; but I found some good offers around ebay... I bought like 5 films (x10 photos... 50 photos!) for less than 30€... that's good if you think that here in Spain you find the film for 20€ (20 photos, so that's like 1€ per photo... sigh!)

    but of course, it's cheaper than the polaroid film... I bought a Polaroid camera like 3 years ago and the paper is SO expensive, even around internet... so this is a great option anyway!! :D!!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for linking me, the strawberry print is adorable! I hadn't actually checked the price of instax film against polaroid film, didn't know it was cheaper! Yeah, I think I will check ebay when I next buy film, hopefully will find it cheaper :) Thank you x

      Delete
  2. You need a close up lens to be able to take pictures closer :) I have one myself, they're not very pricey and easy to just snap into place on top of the real lens! :) See here for my review on the close up lens! http://zerudaswonderland.blogspot.se/2013/03/instax-mini-8-close-up-lens.html

    I'd also like to warn ya that this camera fades in colors, so if you wanna keep that pretty pink color, don't have it on display in your room, keep it dark or something! Mine faded even though I had it on a shelf where the sun rays don't reach :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, thanks for the tips Zeruda! I didn't realise you could buy extra accessories for it. I'm going to check out your review in a min. Also hadn't even thought about it fading, eek! *moves camera from shelf into a cupboard* :P

      Delete
    2. I just remembered one thing I forgot to tell you! The patterned film is expensive just like you said, but you can buy really pretty skins to add! It's like a sticker frame! You can get them really cheap from ebay! :) They come in so many colors, patterns and themes! :) Here's some of mine: http://zerudaswonderland.blogspot.se/2013/07/liseberg-on-instax.html

      Delete
  3. I have/love this too!
    Also may have to steal your idea and decorate it with Oborocharms stickers hehe

    SAMI★SPOON

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a white one and I love it. I've had it for a few years now, but I find a use it mostly indoors. I gotta change that and start taking it out on trips with me

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such a lovely blog & I adore your style!♡
    -Marianna / Marianna's Daily

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you decorated it! My sister has the white one, and draws on her photos using Pudding Pens. My favourite part is watching the photo appear (as if by magic, obviously). I don't like how hard it is to line the camera up off centre first though, because I feel like what you see through the view finder is slightly off from the actual photo.. because it's placed in different places?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks<3 Yeah, it is pretty cool, although the first time I took a photo, I thought I had messed something up, didn't realise it took quite so "long" to develop, haha! Oh, I'd forgotten about that, I've had this issue of it cropping the top off & adding more bottom than what I see through the viewfinder, but I thought it was just me being shaky, maybe.

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness, that is one cute camera!
    I have always wanted an instant film camera, especially one of the smaller ones because it would be cute for posting in scrapbooks and collages, but the price of the film is just too much to justify it for me. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. so so cute, i'm so glad that you did a review on it ^^ I've asked for the pink one for xmas hehe can't wait
    x<3

    ReplyDelete
  9. That instant camera is so cute! I've had an inkling to buy one for a while as well. It's nice having instant satisfaction with having a picture physically in your hands like that. I think they are good for collages and putting in a personal journal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look adorable, as ever =)
    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG you are so awsome and cute<3 i love your blog its so optymistic<3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Where did you get that pretty knit? That is so f beautiful. I want it more than the whole world seriously...oh goddddd that knit is so preeeetyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I linked it in the post, it's from Topshop :P

      Delete
  13. you look adorable! jealous of your room and hair! both equally beautiful!


    www.anisacrament.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Omg u're so cute and beautiful *Q* I love this blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Georgina, you are such an inspiration for me! Love your style and crafts!

    //Linnéa
    www.thewildrose.se

    ReplyDelete
  16. I bought the same a few month ago, and I really love it!
    And I love your blog too! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have a vintage (or ancient even LOL) instant camera, I think from the 70s or something. It's my father's, it still works fine but film nowadays is too expensive so I don't use it anymore, sadly. I'm totally loving this one! <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. That camera is going on my wishlist. *sigh* I need to find a job, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You can always put the films in a business card folder (if you can find something nice!) as a photo album. I bought my films and accessories from Aliexpress though I find Amazon quite cheap as well. I love the touch-up you did with your camera. Super cute!
    Aw what the heck, you're super cute too :3

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have three instax mini cameras of different styles. I love them. I'm doing a 365 project this year with them. One instax photo every day. I buy the film in bulk so it's way cheaper.

    The project is part of my blog obsessivecookie.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  21. hello!

    I was looking for pictures of insta mini and I end up on your blog, love your picture and description ahah :D anyway nice to meet you !!!
    here's my fb page just for you to know who I am , your blog seems to be awesome
    see ya!

    the crazy french girl

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG you are just the cutest and i love the stickers on your instax! So glad i found this

    Pixelhazard | Bright Green Laces

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for commenting! I read every comment I recieve & if you have a question I do my best to reply. However you might find it quicker to reach me by my Twitter @cupcakesloveme. Have a nice day! :D xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© 2010-2012 Georgina Doull