Friday, May 24, 2013

♥ Too Faced Sweetheart Perfect Flush Blush Review ♥



I posted briefly about this blush a couple posts ago, & said I was going to a review. So here it is :P It's the Sweetheart Perfect Flush Blush by Too Faced. I bought mine from ASOS, it was £24, which isn't cheap, but I used a code for 20% off, so it ended up costing me around £19.
 
I tried so hard to get swatches & photograph them, but I guess beauty blogging doesn't come naturally to me, because I could not get a decent pic! I know, reviews without swatches aren't very useful, but I did try :P I think part of the reason I had trouble is that this blush is quite light, I swept the brush about 10x over it to come up with a normal amount of colour that I would wear. For comparison, my Paul & Joe blusher (which I wear most often), I usually use about 3 brush strokes worth of blush on each cheek. I do like quite a lot of blush though, so there is that...
 
The colour in the pan ranges from a bright-ish pink, to peach, to a slightly darker peach. All 3 colours have shimmer, the 1st & 3rd colours seem to have than the middle. The shimmer makes this blush quite glowy, which is also why I think I couldn't get good pictures of it. I normally go for pink blushes, & this one is mainly peach, which looks a bit more natural than my other colours. I wore this blush in my last outfit post, so you can kind of see it in action.

The box itself is cardboard, covered in really pretty pink & gold paper. To be honest, the packaging is a big part of why I bought it, I adore pretty packaging, & the heart shape & vintage design were hard to resist. The only downside to the cardboard packaging is that it's not handbag friendly, but I only ever take lipstick & powder out with my anyway for touch ups, so it's not a problem for me.  I don't think it will be my fave blusher, but I will certainly wear it.
 
Whether it's worth £24, well that depends on your opinion. If you, like me, prefer to pay more for something adorable, then it is. If you don't like spending a lot on makeup & don't care about packaging, them I'm sure you can find much better value blushers than this one.
 
I'm really not a beauty expert, so that's just my take on it. For a more in depth review, you should check out this one by Temptalia, who is much better at reviews than me, haha! I should probably just stick to outfit posts, but there you go.
 

19 comments:

  1. awww, what a nice and cute packaging :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post! super pretty packaging and blush colour :) I LOVE Too Faced!

    I'm not sure if I could spend that much on a blusher though...>.<
    x<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks so pretty!

    breepluse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so gorgeous! I must pick one up!

    Becky
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Instead of swatches you could just post the usual outfit post (well, the headshot) when you have the blush on ^^ I just can't get enough of your cuteness anyway! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute blush! 。◕‿◕。 It's hard to get nice pictures of colour swatches, but thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The packaging I'd beautiful and being glory sounds awesome- but 10 brush strokes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic item :)
    love your sweet blog!

    ANECIA WAS HERE- more than passion ♥
    blog | facebook | twitter

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never wear blush but I want this just because of the packaging! They also have a similar product with heart-shaped powder beads which is also super cute... I personally think the carboard packaging is adorable, it's not the most practical or dare I say high-quality but it looks so retro...and kind of reminds me of valentine's day chocolate boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are the most amazing girl in the world!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can you please make a room tour ? **

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can you please make a room tour ? **

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the packaging. Reminds me of the champagne truffles you can get in the pink and gold box!

    http://hipslikecinders.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow! The packaging is simply adorable. It kinda reminds me of candy. I am a sucker for cute packaging too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Georgina <3 You're literally my FAVOURITE lolita girl and I love your blog, your posts, your outfits and your hair is georgeous!! I think you're really cute and lovely and I love you <3 Thanks for having this amazing blog, you're a great inspiration to me <3 lots of love from Tascha

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice packaging! :D It’s a cute blush.
    xo,
    ~Pauline @ NYX Philippines

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for commenting! I read every comment I recieve & if you have a question I do my best to reply. However you might find it quicker to reach me by my Twitter @cupcakesloveme. Have a nice day! :D xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© 2010-2012 Georgina Doull