Friday, May 17, 2013

♥ Makeup Storage ♥


I got asked a little while back about my makeup storage, & I thought it might be quite fun to show you. I don't have that much makeup (I don't think, anyway!), so most of it goes in the top 2 drawers of this vintage style tallboy. I got it from TKMaxx, it was about £70 & is 7 drawers high. It goes between one of my wardrobes & my diy-ed chest. In the other drawers are other beauty bits, including nail art stuff, hair dye stuff, deodorants etc, & hair brushes.

The top drawer is organised like this. I keep meaning to buy one of those Perspex lipstick holders, but for the moment I just have them in a little gift box. The lid of the gift box I turned upside down & store makeup tools in. Lip products that don't fit upright are stored flat, with other basics like eyeliner & mascara.

I have a couple of Paul & Joe lipsticks, two by Etude House, a few Topshop ones, one by 17, & 3 Macs. The rest of the products pictured are more like lip tinted lip balms. My faves are Chatterbox by Mac, & RD303 by Etude House (swatched here).

In the second drawers I have all my palettes, blushes & powders. Oh & my one pair of false lashes & some blotting paper by Paul & Joe. I rarely wear lashes, they make my eye sore after a while :(

These are a mix of blushes / pressed powders / highlighters. The majority of them are by Paul  Joe (can you tell they are my favourite brand yet?), & are their kitty pressed powder compact, their swirl pressed powder, also in a kitty theme box, a blush in the colour Nymph from last summer's collection, & their refillable compact, with the highlighter Secret D'or. The peacock compact is vintage, it was my Mum's, & I filled it with some loose powder. The Too Faced Sweetheart Perfect Flush blush is my newest buy, & I plan to do a proper review soon!
pg
After taking all the other bits out, these are my main palettes. The one that gets used the most is the Early Bird palette by Pixi, but I do like the others (Pixi Glow & an old Too Faced one)  too. I just find that because they are at the bottom of the drawer, I forget about them easily! Does anyone else do that?

These bits are either too cute to hide away, or they don't fit upright in the drawers & I don't like storing liquids on their sides. You're probably not meant to store them in daylight, but oh well! I stack them on my tins, which are by dotcomgiftshop, but I actually bought them in a Portmeiron store in North Wales.
 
This is also where my brushes are, in a cute vintage planter I swapped with Charlotte. I don't have many brushes, just a travel kit from Model's own, & a foundation brush, also by Model's own. I think they do the job though, & were a decent price. Apparently more expensive brushes are better, but I'm not sure I'm ready to pay £20+ on a single brush just yet!

My perfumes I store out in the daylight (gasp!) on my dressing table, on a mirror tray thing. I have four, my most recent buy is Daisy Sunshine Eau So Fresh, which is really pretty. Charlotte bought me Meow for Christmas, & I bought the Lolita Lempicka Si Lolita & the Sweet Delicious Creamy Meringue by DKNY last year.

Okay, now I've realised I actually have more stuff than I think I do,  I should probably stop buying makeup, at all, haha! Hope this post wasn't overly boring, I do like rambling on!
 ♥

38 comments:

  1. Everything is just soooo cute! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. I want your room♥
    It's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed this post, I love having a nosey at how people store things and make-up collections etc :) I am envious of all your lovely Paul & Joe goodies - their packaging is the best! I love the lip/cheek products where the actual product top is in the shape of a cat - so sweet!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. now i have to say, you have all make up what i want!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh, you are so right about not hiding away those cute little items. Hope you have a great day!

    Heidi’s Wanderings

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tallboy from TKmaxx is great. I should keep an eye out for stuff like this at TKmaxx here :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your makeup is all so pretty! Lovely photos as always! <3

    islaay.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. sooo cute and gorgeous collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. everything is just so cute!! i want to own them all but i basically wear powder, blusher and mascara so have no need to buy them! LOVE your white draws too. beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow those colors and those pictures, I feel just like a little girl!

    Olive xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. It makes me wonder....isn't it a huge job to clean up in your room with all these lovely tings? I love them but I can's stop wondering about the cleaning ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have many perfect and cute STUFFS! I want it one :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many pretty things!!

    xx
    www.shogoxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so jealous of your gorgeous storage and beauty products!

    Becky
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. All your make up is so cute! It suits your personality so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have some very cute make up items. When you're ready to invest in other make up brushes (and good brushes really are an investment, if you look after them) you can buy a set of Real techniques brushes from £15 to £20. They are professional grade, bloggers & make up artists rave about them, and you get 4 brushes for the price of one MAC brush :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're makeup looks adorable! I store mine in a workshop drawer storage thingy.

    http://plumppinup.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. everything you own is so cute!! I love it! :D

    http://diamondsanddaisychains.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely collection! I have a pretty good makeup haul, but it's all so disorganize and just tossed in a box or in a drawer. This is inspiration to get myself organized, and pretty up my makeup storage!

    http://plush-plum.com - a plus(h) size fashion blog
    Recent post: White Picks from eShakti!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really cute drawers, they're so pretty! I love the Tony Moly products too hehe I have the same lip glosses ^_^
    all your makeup looks so cute too hehe
    x<3

    ReplyDelete
  21. so adorable :) also you're makeup is kawaii :3

    ReplyDelete
  22. This will sound mental but I feel like I could gorge on photos and descriptions of makeup all day. I love that everything you have is so pretty. I bet your room is just a haven of lovely little things and bippits. Lovely, lovely, lovely.

    Louise x
    sprinkleofglitter.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love all these! They are so cute, i'n really jealous u_u
    Bubble my Licorice

    ReplyDelete
  24. so much cuteness! <3<3<3 love the drawer <3 :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Georgina, I'm totally in love with your blog, style and all cute things which you're made by yourself. I'm very happy that I found you. I'll be visit this blog regularly (:
    (Sorry for my english. I know it's not very well :o )

    Best wishes to you from Poland (:

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my gosh all the cute! :D


    sempresorres.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  27. Literally everything you own is so adorable ! xx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for commenting! I read every comment I recieve & if you have a question I do my best to reply. However you might find it quicker to reach me by my Twitter @cupcakesloveme. Have a nice day! :D xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© 2010-2012 Georgina Doull