Friday, April 19, 2013

♥ Five Take: Project D @ Simply Be Review ♥


PROJECT D @ SIMPLY BE BRODERIE DRESS* // SOUTH @ VERY CARDIGAN // MISS SIXTY SHOES // ROMWE COLLAR // CHEAP FRILLS BUNNY BROOCH // ASOS BUNTING BRACELET // HANDMADE FLORAL HEADBAND // HANDMADE BOW BELT // FUZZY NATION DACHSUND BAG // JI JI KIKI CAKES RING* // DOLLY DARLING TEACUP RING

Hi everyone! Today I'm taking part in a one off Five Take, with 4 other fab bloggers, to show how we could style the same dress from the new Project D Collection at Simply Be. Check out how the others styled theirs:



We all picked out the same dress, although some of us went for the black version instead. Obviously I chose the ivory, & styled it in a very me way, with pink & purple colours, flowers & a novelty dog handbag. The dress itself is extremely pretty, with gorgeous scalloped edging, & pretty floral lace detail at the top which is covered by my cardi, sorry!). It's fully lined, so no worrying about underwear being shown through the dress, haha! It was just a bit too cold to wear it alone, as it's probably intended, being a summer style dress.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
The length is probably a bit longer than I'd usually wear, but not too long. I am 5"9 though, so if you are shorter, it will probably be past your knees. The fit is also great, I ordered my usual size 26, & it was a perfect fit, especially at the waist, where things can be a little large sometimes on me. It does have elastic at the back for comfort/ease of fitting.
The only problem I had is that the straps aren't adjustable, & I found them a bit big, which is probably why you can see the back of the dress dipping in these pics. The other downside is the price, this is £90, & whilst a lovely dress, I'm not sure I would have paid that much for it. I would have preferred to see it selling for £50 or less, but as this is one of Simply Be "designer" type brands, prices are usually quite a bit more than normal.

Daphne, my dachsund :P

♥ Georgina

34 comments:

  1. Daffodil field! I'm in love! Love the pastels of your outfit (:

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your blogg, and get's excited everytime you got a new update :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the dachsund bag tho xD <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the colours, so pretty. love your outfit posts =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cutest handbag ever :-) You are pretty too!

    http://nooughtfromis.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew this dress would suit you so well! You have as ever styled this dress so beautifully,
    W x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look wonderful as always. I love the broderie fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look awesome- I used to have a dress similar to this in black but I much prefer the ivory version. Love your shoes too !x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, the bag... *________________________*
    Awesome!! :-*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look how gorgeous you are!

    Becky
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Daphne is so cute :-) And your outfit is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty spring post! We just had, hopefully, our last snowstorm of the year here in Minnesota. This post makes me really hope for a quick thaw!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look so pretty. I love the "whimsy" in your look with this dress and think the collar, pink check belt and lilac cardigan offset the white so beautifully. Also... That Handbag!! Amazing. x.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your hair color at the moment, maybe it is just the editing but is looks a little more peachy, which suits you really great.
    The dress is super sweet aswell!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely and so adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. owh, you are so adorable and cute ! :3
    .. and that bag ! ; - ;

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, so sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh cute dog !!! You look so beauty !!

    ReplyDelete
  19. happened to drop by your blog! i love your choice of clothes, i also dress like that but not for summer. hehe :)

    i also love etude house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ah that little dog is so adorable!! ◠‿◠
    It's such an incredibly lovely dress and your styling is so pretty! I think I definitely need to have a good look round the Simply Be website.

    Florrie x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Totaly love your ballerinas :)
    Cutest purse!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Who said Fat people does not look great. See She looks fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I want your lovely shoes *__* Such adorable design

    恵美より ♥
    http://emi-doll.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just found your blog and I have to say, that you're the most self-confident person! I love your style and you're so adorable! Keep it up girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello! I just wanna say that you're amazing :) I love that youre cute, stylish and beautiful, i have big sunny smile on my face when i read your blog :))) big heart to you from Finland, as "Ninni" say: Keep it up girl! <3

    ps. Sorry, if my english is littlebit weird :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. You look gorgeous. Love how you've styled it!

    ▲ WOLF WHISTLE ▲

    ReplyDelete
  27. pretty! so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for commenting! I read every comment I recieve & if you have a question I do my best to reply. However you might find it quicker to reach me by my Twitter @cupcakesloveme. Have a nice day! :D xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© 2010-2012 Georgina Doull