Sunday, February 10, 2013

♥ Cute Cosmetics - Etude House & Tony Moly Reviews ♥


I've always been a fan of cute packaging, especially in cosmetics. My favourite brand for a while has been Paul & Joe, with their insanely cute designs, & decent quality products. Recently I discovered a few Korean brands, which also are super cute, with good quality products. They are Etude House, & Tony Moly. I'm sure some of you have heard of them before, as I am certainly not the first person to blog about them. Anyway, I picked up all these things over the past few months, & thought I'd share them with you all!

First up, Paul & Joe! Pictured is the limited edition pressed powder, which has a sweet cardboard pot, with a pretty puff. The actual powder is lovely, with soft swirls of shimmery colour. I haven't done a very good job in getting a picture of it though, sorry!  I won't review these fully, as there's loads on other blog, & not being an expert I'll leave it to those that are!
 
There's also got their face colour refill in Secret D'or, & the compact to put it in, which I use as a highlighter, and the pretty Bon Bon primer, which has really cute multicoloured bead things that crush up & become a slightly sparkly face primer. I don't mind sparkle, but all these things are shimmery/sparkly, so if you don't, then probably best to steer clear!
 
 ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥
 
The rest of the things I'll be talking about are the Tony Moly/Etude House items. I will try to review these better, as they are Korean brands, it's quite hard to find many reviews of them, so I hope these might help some of you!
 
I got these all off eBay, via 2 sellers, Zinopark & f2plus1. Zinopark sent out the wrong item in my first order, but did send the right item out to me in the end. I then decided to try f2plus1, also because they had some different items, like the perfume bars, & had no problems with that seller. Items took around 2 weeks to arrive, in all 3 cases, so not too bad! Another member who sells them is Bello-Girl, but I haven't tried buying from her, so can't comment on service.

 

These adorable bunnies are by Tony Moly, & are two solid perfumes (Pom Pom Green & Coco Floral), & Pocket Bunny Facial Mist, in "Moist". The perfumes to be honest smell more like bath products than perfumes, but the packages are so adorable I don't even mind!
 
The facial mist is just as cute, & actually very cooling for your face. it does spray out rather harshly though, rather than a fine mist, so you have to hold it quite far away from your face. I haven't tried it to set my makeup yet, but I imagine I will be using this a fair amount in summer, just to help cool me down, haha!

These are also by Tony Moly, & are the Petite Bunny Gloss Bars, & a Fruit Princess Lip Gloss. The two bunnies are more like tinted lipbalms, they smell amazing! I chose Juicy Orange & juicy Peach, purely for the colour/faces of the bunnies, haha, but they are very nice to wear. They aren't very pigmented, but provide a subtle tint.
 
The Fruit Princess Gloss is a true lipgloss, with doe foot. It's a dinky little pot, there are 7 available, & I chose Apricot Princess. It's a light peachy colour, that doesn't really add much colour to my rather pigmented lips, but just a nice shine. All of these products aren't at all sticky/gritty, which is good! Just before Christmas I picked up some Liberty x Hello Kitty lip tints & they were so insanely sticky & basically unwearable, that I'm pleased to say you don't sacrifice quality for cuteness here!

Pandas! The pot of handcream is by Etude House, & the Panda's Dream makeup "eraser" is by Tony Moly. The handcream is nice, & not at all greasy, & the cute pot makes it a winner! I picked up the eraser on a whim, hoping it would live up to it's promise of erasing makeup mistakes.
 
I tried it out for you, on the left is my liquid eyeliner after rubbing the eraser over it. The directions say to run with the eraser (it's a bit like a lipbalm in texture), & then swab with a cotton bud to remove it, which I did & is pictured on the right. This removes all trace of product, & although you could just wet a cotton swab with makeup remover & do the same thing, I still think this will come in handy.



Next up are my Etude House Dear My Blooming lipsticks, in shades RD303 & PK003. I wish they had nicer names, but they are really lovely, so I don't mind! I picked up the orangey red (it's more red in real life!) shade first, & was so impressed I ordered the pink shortly after. I'm quite picky about lipsticks, well I just think that you tend to get what you pay for, & as these were much cheaper than my Macs I wasn't expecting much. The last cheap lipstick I bought was around the same price (£6) & is nowhere as nice/pigmented as these.

The pink is not quite as creamy/glossy as the coral shade, but still feels really nice on the lips & is lovely to wear. It does seem to settle in fine lines a bit more than the red too. The red formula is pretty much perfect, super pigmented & really creamy & comfortable to wear.
 
I'd definitely put these on a par with my Macs, if the red not even a little nicer. The shade choices are quite extensive too, I think there are 24 in this collection. The shade chart is pretty accurate too, so do take a look at it before you buy. I have quite dark reddy pink lips & lighter lipsticks especially don't like covering them very well, so it's nice to find a brand that does it well!

Lastly, but certainly not least, with probably the prettiest item of the bunch, another item by Etude House. It's their Princess Entoinette Heart Highlighter, which comes in a pretty pink pot, with heart shaped shimmery highlighter pieces, in slightly different shades, complete with fluffy puff. To be honest, the fluffy puff is a bit useless for highlighter application, had I got the blush it would be useable for the task, but agains, cuteness wins over, so I don't even care :P I've only swatched it on the back of my hand so far, but it's a subtle shimmery highlighter & is very pretty. Even if I never use it again, this looks so lovely just sitting there with all my other pieces!
 
What do you think, do you like cute makeup, or do you stick to more basic packaging with more "grown up" brands? For me, I usually buy so little makeup (the last few months have been an exception, haha!), that when I do, I like it to be a real event, & pay a little more, to get really pretty things, but still things I will use.
 
♥ Georgina

P.S. Thank you all so much for all the lovely birthday wishes! I really appreciate them all x

66 comments:

  1. OMG~ those items are so cute *_* Especially the bunny shaped things and the highlighter pot are so awesomely cute. I really love the Etude House design and if you can even put the lipsticks side by side with MAC I am even more impressed <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few of Etude, really love their package design. And the products you got are really tempting, I wanna try the highlighter O.O

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the panda hand cream & the face mist (which I bought in summer & honestly, it's heaven!) I just love the packaging & the products are really decent :D x

    ReplyDelete
  4. aah I'm your fanaaaaat

    http://defishencia.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah I love it all! Need to try out the brands!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the article of these, your blog is amazing!
      I am a believer that natural skincare is the best option for those with allergies or eczema. I know of this brand but have not tried anything from the range, great review. If you or any of your followers want reviews for more products like these, then I will plug my own blog.

      Delete
  6. They are so cute!
    Lovely photos too :3
    www.shogoxo.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all just too cute!!
    The lipsticks look great on you too :)

    http://samispoon.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute packaging, they kinda look like sex toys also lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh gosh! THEY ARE JUST SOOOOOO CUTE!! Love them all <3
    It is a pity that in my country I cannot buy any of them :/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soo pleased you've posted these, I love this kind of packaging. Need to check them out immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE Etude and Tony Moly beauty products. Every summer I visit Korea, and I make sure to stock up on all their latest makeups. I have that face mister and peach lotion, and I love it! My friends are always squealing on how cute the packing is.

    Do you order your Korean beauty products online? If so, what site? (just in case I run out before my next visit. *wink*)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's ebay btw, if you haven't found out by now! :) I actually ordered one of the lipsticks and a tony moly blush yesterday before I read this, and am excited to see there are more cute things to be had!!! :D And yes, I ordered off ebay as well.

      Delete
  12. cute, cute, cute! :)

    I hope you will follow me.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh so lovely <3 I have some Tony Moly's cosmetics too, they are cute and nice for my skin, so I'm a big fan !
    But never tried Paul and Joe, though I think their products are very beautiful *-*

    ReplyDelete
  14. So adorable! Love the cats powder <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this packaging! I don't really buy alot of make-up or even really care that much about it, so it being in cute packaging really sells it to me

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tony Moly's packaging is so very cute <3 I wanted to try it for ages as well, but was a bit skeptical. I had the same experience like you with Hello Kitty and went back to trusts the brands I know for good quality, instead of being tempted by the packaging. But then again: A little bit of Tony Moly would bring so much happiness into my bathroom and beauty bag ;-) Thank you a lot for this post, xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. the cutest packing I've ever seen!
    so adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning collection! I'd love to try some of these products :] xx

    brutalfashionandbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness, these pieces are SO cute! I too have one of the Helly Kitty gloss/balms and it's horrible product!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely collection you have! I really want that Paul and Joe primer, it's just SO pretty! I can't justify the price though :( I'm going to have to make a haul of some Asian brands soon, they're so cute. Have you seen the new Etude House stuff in the shape of cookies and cupcakes and things?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, they are so adorable :) I love Panda's, but it's so hard to decide which little character is cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am the biggest sucker for pretty trinkets, especially for my dressing table. I love etude house and I now have a ton of other goodies added to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just love such cute korean cosmetic. I always search on ebay for good price. ^^ I really like your reviews <33

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've been eyeing that Paul & Joe bonbon highlighter/primer thing for a while, I don't think I'd ever use it, but it looks so cute... just having it on my shelf would be good enough for me!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my lord! A lot of money will be spent now I have seen this post. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This packaging is possibly the most adorable I have ever seen! The lipsticks come in the perfect little cases. Absolutely gorgeous!

    Lindsey. x
    www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cutest packaging in the face of everdom! Asian cosmetics usually do that!
    xx
    The Introverted Brunette

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow! All this things are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love your style! <3

    ReplyDelete
  30. Those are wonderful, love the packaging too :) You have a darling blog, I find you randomly from twitter suggestions, am happy I clicked here...beautiful you are. I hope you have a wonderful day xx

    The Dainty Dolls House

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great post :)

    http://marivi-morales.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  32. I absolutely love TonyMoly products! Their Red Appletox Honey Cream has been fantastic for my acne-prone skin and the packaging is adorable. I love the Fruit Princess glosses too. My favorite is the Apple Princess. :-) I just love reading your blog! Your style is so lovely and the photos you include with each entry are perfect. Keep up the wonderful work! I can't wait to read more! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hello!
    Interesting blog. Welcome to http://filmandotherstories.blogspot.se/
    :) Happy Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I just stumbled across your blog when looking for Etude House reviews and I'm in love! Your photos are fab!

    I've been using my Juicy Apple Bunny Gloss Bar nearly every day since I bought it, they're such good value for money and the packaging is adorable. Thanks for mentioning the sellers you bought from, will be taking a look!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I have the etude lip stick! The packaging is sooo adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love Etude House! When I went to South Korea I about went crazy cuz of all the cute and awesome things they have there! They don't sell stuff like this in the States. Not normally. Everything is cute over there and you can be a grown ass woman and still have cutesy stuff and its ok. I love it! My mom makes fun of me! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I like a mix of cosmetics. I don't spend much money on them on general (apart from concealer) but I'm not too fussy about packaging. I think I've outgrown most of the cute packaging on the whole but I do like the panda pot

    http://gingerchestnut.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love love love your blog and I'm so happy I recently found it!

    Everything is so well organized and pink! I really have to try the Tony Moly Bunny lip product. Just like you, I'm a sucker for cute packaging.

    Followed x

    Y-OONYEE

    ReplyDelete
  39. Awwww they are all so cute!
    I love the panda ones :D
    Fab blog, love reading it :)
    xX

    http://amyscorner93.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  40. Anjelica Armendariz23 February 2013 at 13:37

    Etude house is great! I use them all the time since moving to Korea. Their stuff definitely can smell like bath products, but their silk hair mask pack products all smell cute and work well.

    ReplyDelete
  41. From which store is the rose box?

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi! Probably you should try out Too Cool For School too! I am totally in love with Korean cosmetics too!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Giorgina, I am from Brazil and loved your stuff. I got the Etude House Princess Entoinette and I am organizing my stuff. Your stuff is beautiful and you are cute with this pink hair!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. the packaging is sooo cute *.*

    ReplyDelete
  45. omg!! packaging are soooo cute ! and i love your blog !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. Omg your pictures make the products 10000x more adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. really really cute >_<

    thecertifiedlatebloomer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. I just found your website and totally in love with it!

    check out my blog : streetsofcwb.blogspot.com
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  49. omg!! i have etude handcream and lipstics too!!
    so cut :D
    most of my cosmetics brand is etude.
    (in fact i live in korea...haha)
    if you want to see other korean cosmetics, i can help you.
    thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. omg! i have etude handcream and lipstics, too
    most of my cosmetics brand is etude.
    they are so cute:D
    (actually i live in korea...haha)
    if you want to see other korean cosmetics, i can help you.
    thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  51. Hi Georgina.
    I really liked ur style and ur blog. These cosmetics are soooo cute *-*
    I wish they had that to sell here.
    Please visit my blog if u have sometime: www.7coisasdamartina.blogspot.com

    xx from Brazil :*

    ReplyDelete
  52. oh that's so cute!!! i love tony moly's packaging! &.... U take such lovely nice photos.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Woaw! Georgina, I just discovered your blog and this post is amazing. I am basically a huge fan of korean cosmetics and skincare, and I am actually looking for a new routine, and I found your blog. I love the pictures, and the products in this context are way so cute (depending on what I saw on the ebay shops)! :-)
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  54. Cute stuff! would you like to follow each other?
    Check out my blog and facebook page:
    www.wajihaslifediary.blogspot.com
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=337766586400230&fref=ts

    ReplyDelete
  55. OMG!!! These are so sweet! i am in love with these products! I have thirteen-year-old daughter who will definitely like these. She is a little upset these days because we are going to move to a new town. I will make her a little present with some of these cute products!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for commenting! I read every comment I recieve & if you have a question I do my best to reply. However you might find it quicker to reach me by my Twitter @cupcakesloveme. Have a nice day! :D xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© 2010-2012 Georgina Doull